Doug Willis just called (8:40 a.m.) and he has relocated the Mew Gull at the north end of Smithville Lake.

Take Highway W to Highway J.  Take the second left off Highway J, which is Short Road.  Go approximately 1/4 mile.  At the intersection where you can go straight or turn left, continue straight to Access #15 as marked on the Corps of Engineers map.

At Access #15 you may see Doug's green Subaru in the parking lot.  Walk through a stubble field due north to the lake.  It's about a 3/4 mile walk.

Good luck!

I will look in my ASM directory and see if I can get in touch with the Columbia birders.  Don't know if they have arrived yet or not.

Linda Williams
Liberty, Clay County, MO