Sandy Elbert and I walked the Katy Trail this morning from the EBCA
headquarters to Wetland Unit #2.  Got some nice FOY birds, and good viewing
since leaves aren't out yet.

Yellow-throated Vireo (singing drew my attention, and remained at eye level
for a little while!) -  at the junction of the foot trail from the parking
lot and the Katy Trail
Northern Parulas - several
Yellow-throated Warblers - several
RC Kinglets - at least 5, one showing off beautifully below eye level, never
realized how yellow the shafts of the primary/tail feathers are!
Black and White Warbler
Wood Thrush - two singing
Field, WC, WT sparrows

Heard Pileated, Brown Thrasher, Carolina Wrens.   Mudflats at wetland unit
are rapidly disappearing.

Received a report of male Baltimore Oriole at a suet feeder this morning.
Also, was surprised to see two Purple Finches still at my feeders.

Jean Leonatti
Boone County, Columbia, MO

Checked by AVG.
11:31 AM