Sorry for the late posting, but Tuesday, April 15 was a super day at Sand
Prairie Conservation Area in Scott Co. I took my field ornithology class
there, for less than an hour, and we got PRIMO looks at the following
highlights:

Lark Sparrow (10+)
Grasshopper Sparrow (3)
Vesper Sparrow (2)
Palm Warbler (1)

This was in addition to the usual species found in this unique
grassland/savannah area. The nice thing for these beginners was that all
the birds were in plain sight within 30 feet!! When I think how long I had
to bird to find most of these species......

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/