Is April 3 an early date for the Scissortails?
We were driving home from Springfield, MO to El Dorado Springs, on Thursday and I got a glimpse of what I thought was a Scissortail, but thought it too early.  It was late afternoon, gray and drizzling rain. This was in southeastern Cedar County.
Yesterday (Friday), we were headed to Greenfield from El Dorado Springs, about 7:00 p.m., clear sky and the westerly sun on my side of the car, but clearly there was a male Scissortail on the fence between Stockton and Greenfield in southern Cedar or northern Dade County. To me, the long tail was unmistakable.
Jan Neale
El Dorado Springs, MO
Cedar County