I had the good fortune to be birding north of Lockwood today when ten Long-billed Curlews flew into a field full of hundreds upon hundreds of Golden Plovers.  I am not a photographer, as you will note in my pictures attached to our GOAS forum web page, but the birds are identifiable.

FORUM:  http://forums-greaterozarksaudubon.org/

The location is the area we refer to as the John Deere Farm where our GOAS group has frequently went in the past to view Prairie Chickens.  I don't know how long the birds will hang around in that area, maybe not even overnight, but here are directions for those of you interested in taking the chance of locating the flock again.  You take Hwy97 north from Lockwood to county HWY V V, and then turn left (west) and go to the next turn to the north, and then turn west again (you have to make the west turn anyway, and go about one half mile west, and view the fields just beyond the wheat fields on your left (the John Deere painted barns are on the north side of the road.)

Charley Burwick
Greater Ozarks Audubon
Greene County