We started at TGP where we had many Fox and White-throated Sparrows and Dark-eyed Juncos.  There were large numbers of Rusty Blackbirds. There were several Brown Thrashers and Brown Creepers as well. We also had YB Sapsuckers and at least one FOY Ruby-crowned Kinglet.  Birding around Horseshoe Lake produced the expected ducks including a pair of American Widgeon.  All of the Sparrows we found were Savannah or Song.  The main lake was overrun with fisherman and the birding was poor.  Columbia Bottoms also failed to produce anything unusual.  We did have what appeared to be a dark morph Red-tailed Hawk, which I would consider rather unusual for this time of year and an adult Bald Eagle.  There was no sign of any Smith's Longspurs.

David Becher
Saint Louis