Just a reminder to get your registrations sent in for the ASM meeting to be here May 2-4. hosted by Grand River Audubon. We are really looking forward to some fun outings to many of our favorite birding places. These will include:
    Swan Lake and Squaw Creek National Wildlife Refuges, Pershing and Crowder State Parks, Fountain Grove, Poosey, and Helton Conservation areas. These include several Missouri Natural Areas - The Helton Praire Natural area is a real jewel with a great diversity of Praire plants and a good variety of birds around too. Other trips will be to Thompson River Wetland and the Hwy 36 MODOT mitigation site wetland.

  Our featured Speaker Sat eve will be Noppodal Paothong, MDC Nature Photographer. Sure to be an interesting program!

  For those interested in activities other than birding, perhaps S.O.B.s [ Spouse of Birder], Dianne will be leading a trip Saturday afternoon to the Amish and Minnonite settlement around Jamesport. This will include a stop at a large Purple Martin Colony also.

   Dianne has also volunteered to lead a walking tour Sunday morning to view the Chillicothe Mural Project. This is a large number of excellent Murals done by a very talented local artist. They all have historical aspects of this area. They are centered around the downtown area and have become a regular stop for Tour Buses that pass through Chillicothe. Of course you can also view the Murals on your own while in town.

  Registration forms are available in the Bluebird and also at http://mobirds.org/Meetings/sprmtg08.asp

  For additional info contact Dianne or Steve Kinder at [log in to unmask]

  Hope to see you here!

Questions or comments? Email the list ownwers:
mailto:[log in to unmask]