Thanks to Chris and then Steve, I refound the Hooded Warbler at 5pm at Southeast corner of Wells and McKinley just across McKinley from the Jewel Box.  He didn't sing, but chipped now and then, sashayed around, flicking his tail with white feathers, all below eye level (even mine)....an absolutely stunning male that glowed in the bright gray light.  I had checked out the southwest corner of Wells and Carr Lane without luck, had parked on Wells a little past that intersection, then decided to walk up to the other corner on the off chance, saw a flash of something light, heard the chip and there he was.

  It's almost a month to the day earlier than my 2007 sighting!  Wonder if the southern storms have driven the Hoodeds north earlier this year.  They are an easy to miss bird in the St Louis area and I doubt that Patrick's bird had doubled back from Lincoln County.

  Jackie Chain
  St Louis County

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/