During the afternoon portion of today's SLAS trip to Columbia Bottom (no
Longspurs in the AM) and Riverlands, a few Brewer's Blackbirds were found at
RMBS.   They were in some trees along the shore near the ramped overlook
that is near the Education Bldg.

I have a tough time telling male Brewer's and male Rusty Blackbirds apart in
breeding plumage, but the females are pretty easy to separate, especially
with a good scope view of perched birds.  In this case there were two female
Brewer's Blackbirds and three males in this group.  I assume that the males
were Brewer's also, but I cannot be certain.

John Solodar
University City
St. Louis County, MO

Questions or comments? Email the list ownwers:
mailto:[log in to unmask]