Had a bit of a surprise this afternoon, at the Robert A Young Federal Building (formerly the Mart Building), Tucker & Spruce, downtown St. Louis.  A Red-tailed hawk was doing aerobatics past our window in the northwest corner of the 7th floor, then soared over the StL Police Academy parking lot, around the antenna mast on top of Police HQ, then back toward our building.  Don't know whether it landed on our roof or kept on going.  Have also recently seen a pair of peregrines soaring between our building and the Sheraton at 14th and Spruce (the re-habbed Edison Brothers shoe warehouse).  The clouds of pigeons that used to decorate our parking lot seem to have disappeared.

Ken Thompson,  Moline Acres, North StLouis County, MO 63136

Questions or comments? Email the list ownwers:
mailto:[log in to unmask]