*Subject: Re: Question re: Sabal Palm Audubon Center BORDER WALL MAP FOR THE
LRGV*
From: Wayne Bartholomew <fronteraaudubon AT YAHOO.COM>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 19:22:59 -0700

---> Texbird help file http://www.texbirds.org <---

Terri,

 Sabal Palm Grove will not be cleared off but for specifc information as it
relates to Sabal Palms I recommend you call Jimmy Paz (956) 541-8034 or Texas
Audubon (214) 370-9735.

 FOR A MAP: Go to www.defenders.org under Defenders News click on the story
entitled "Defenders and Sierra Club Petition the Supreme Court. To the right of
that article their is a column "Related Information." Scroll all the way down
that column and click on "Map of the Proposed Wall" alternatively go
to http://www.borderfencenepa.com/rio-grande-valley-sector-eis/ to
download the
maps published within that document. The maps are good and I've actually have
used them in the field while examinging the relationship between certain Refuge
tracts and the Wall.

 For you information folks the wall segments in most if not all of Hidalgo
County are staked and flagged and have been for some time.

  Wayne Bartholomew
  Frontera Audubon

Terri Wegner  wrote:
  ---> Texbird help file http://www.texbirds.org <---

I've been reading on texbirds about the possibility of Sabal Palm Grove
Sanctuary being cleared and/or blocked off for a border fence, and it makes
my blood boil. I went to both National and Texas Audubon websites to find
some sort of "Action Alert" for saving this sanctuary. Maybe I missed it,
but found nothing. What is Audubon doing to protect it's own sanctuary and
other areas along the border from being cleared and/or blocked from the
public? A lot of people give a lot of money to these organizations. Where
are the newspaper headlines about specific Texas birding locations that will
be affected?

Terri W.
Fort Worth, TX

Questions or comments? Email the list ownwers:
mailto:[log in to unmask]