[log in to unmask] writes:

David I  always picture you in a context of sylvan beauty -- your message
proves I am  correct, even to your family of origin! If you don't understand why
I say  that, if you made one visit to any of the boroughs of New York city my
meaning  would become perfectly clear. Cheers! Diana

Well, there's certainly big contrasts environmentally - right here although
exquisite Lakeland valleys lie just around the corner  we also cower  in the
sinister shadow of a vast and deadly radioactive dump [Sellafield]  beside an
ocean and shore polluted for eternity by its invisible but deadly  discharges.
As Seamus Heaney once put it:-

Beyond Windscale and Moyle
That sank in the North  Channel
Now nuclear poisons
re-anglicize a sea
that is yours and mine as well
our saint-crossed whitecapped, scousecursed
swan-road and path of exile
become a dump for waste………