Some thoughts, dear Gunnar, inspired in me by the occasion, and
their imaginative expression in Eliot's poetry. It's only the positive,
uplifting thoughts that engaged me.

Thanks, and with my best regards,

CR

Gunnar Jauch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Am 21.04.2008 um 03:53 schrieb Chokh Raj:

History may be servitude, / History may be freedom.

And all shall be well and / All manner of thing shall be well
 By the purification of the motive / In the ground of our beseeching.

---

 CR

CR,

What an arbitrary choice of quotes -- I fail to see any connection with Ratzinger's visit.
You might as well have written:

"Do not let me hear
Of the wisdom of old men, but rather of their folly..."