I think you need to check copyright on the texts you use, but those are out of copyright.  I am no longer certain about the editors of anthologies.

Ironically--as I noted before--I really doubt Eliot worried about copyright for Dante, Shakespeare, Chapman, Sappho, and every other writer in the Western world before he put their lines in his work.
Best,
Nancy

>>> Diana Manister <[log in to unmask]> 04/02/08 11:51 AM >>>

Nancy, many thanks for this information. I didn't think of the author's death.

I am quoting published works from the 17th and 18th Centuries in my poems now; but I'm even wondering about whether publishers will be chary of publishing these poems! Diana