From: "Nancy Gish" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: TSE and Copyright

> I only said what I was told by Cambridge about quoting ANY Eliot.  But
their copyright laws are not the same as ours in some ways.  That is why I
said not to rely on me.  But it matters who owns copyright.  It could be a
publisher rather than the estate.  It is all a dilemma.
> Nancy

> But Rick, Nancy said TWL is not in the public domain. Is that only in the
UK? Diana> Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:18:03 -0400> From:
[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: TSE and Copyright> To:
[log in to unmask]> > Diana Manister wrote:> > > > Bartleby.com has the
text of Eliot's The Sacred Wood published online.> >
http://www.bartleby.com/200/> > Are they in trouble?> > > The first edition
of "The Sacred Wood" was published prior to 1923 and> so, that edition at
least, is now public domain in the. U.S. So the> answer is "no."
Bartleby.com is an American publisher publishing a> work that is in the
public domain in the. U.S.> > Regards,> Rick Parker