Dear colleagues,

As the new German language and literature director of NEMLA, I hope to collaborate with you in the years to come. NEMLA’s main event is the annual convention, held in the spring. The next convention,

NEMLA’s 40th anniversary meeting, will take place in Boston, MA,

February 26 – March 1, 2009

Please consider proposing a panel on any aspect of German culture, literature, and film; we also welcome cross-disciplinary and comparative panels.

Panels can be proposed electronically through NEMLA’s website: http://www.nemla.org Please follow the link “convention.” A new window will open from which you access the 2009 panel proposal form.

The deadline for panel proposals is approaching rather quickly: May 10, 2008.

Please feel free to contact me (by e-mail only before the end of April, after that also by phone 207 798 7079) with any questions, suggestions, and ideas for next year’s and subsequent conventions and to share this e-mail with other interested faculty, researchers, and graduate students.

I’m looking forward to working with you

Birgit

Birgit Tautz
Associate Professor of German
Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME 04011-8477
207 798 7079
(on leave 2007-08)