Dear Colleagues --

The 2008 International Conference on Romanticism will be held Oct. 16-19 at Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan. The conference website can be found at
http://www2.oakland.edu/romanticism

This is truly an international conference, and therefore we are welcoming abstracts of papers from colleagues around the world on Romanticisms on all corners of the earth.  Please share this information with your colleagues in other languages.

We invite participants to consider the conference theme, the Work of Romanticism, interpreted as broadly as possible. Thus, topics may include, but are not limited to, working (agricultural, industrial, political, social, etc.); the text as work (e.g., editions, textual variants, the text per se, etc.); (re-)productive labor; the work of Romanticists; responses to works (e.g., reception, intertextuality, etc.); literary, artistic or intellectual labor; and leisure (including idleness, indolence, vacation, travel, retirement, etc.).

Please submit 250 word abstracts electronically by April 15, 2008 to [log in to unmask] . Please note the Special Sessions found at
http://www2.oakland.edu/romanticism/sessions.cfm

Please contact Chris Clason ( [log in to unmask] ) or Rob Anderson ( [log in to unmask] ) for more information.

Thanks very much, and we are looking forward to seeing you in the Fall!

Chris Clason

Christopher R. Clason
Professor of German and Chair
Department of