MoBirders,
I recently returned from a business trip to Peru (cencusing Humboldt Penguins), and was able to get in some additional birding as well. I was never further than a mile or two from the coast (but covered about 260 miles from Lima south), so diversity was minimal, but the numbers for many of the species seen was huge. There are about 2 million guano birds (guanay cormorants, pelicans, and boobies), and I saw most of them! I'm a bit suspicious about the seedeater, but am looking at other references to better determine exactly what type of seed eater that really was. Birds are in the order I saw them and not in taxanomic order, I appologize in advance. Enjoy,
Eric, STL City

Blue Seedeater (Semillero azul)
Rock Dove (Paloma)
Eared Dove (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Tortola Orejuda)
Bananaquit (Reinita Mielera)
Scrub Blackbird (Tordo De Matorral)
Pacific Dove (Tortola Melodica)
Red- Masked Parrakeet (    )
Blue-Grey Tanager (Violinista)
Amazilia Hummingbird (Colibri Ventrirufa)
Peruvian Meadowlark (Huanchaco)
American Kestral (Cerncicalo)
Burrowing Owl (Lechuza)
Vermillion Flycatcher (Mosquero)
Long Tailed Mockingbird (Calandria)
Black Vulture (Gallinazo)
Turkey Vulture (Gallinazo)
Scarlet Fronted Parakeet (Cotorra o loro)
Great Egret (Garaza Blanca)
Humboldt Penguin (Pinguino de Humboldt)
Guanay Cormorant (Guanay)
Peruvian Brown Pelican (Pelicano)
Peruvian Boobie (Piquero)
Inca Tern (Zarcillo)
Blackish Oystercatcher (Ostrero Negro)
Sea Side Cinclodes (Marisquerito)
Kelp Gull (Gaviota Dominicana)
Band tailed Gull (Gaviota Peruana)
American/Pied Oystercatcher (Ostero Americano)
Whimbrel (Zarapito Trinador)
Peregrine Falcon (Halcon Peregrino)
Snowey Egret (Garza Blanca)
Grey-Breasted Martin (Martin Pechigris)
Roufus Collared Sparrow (Gorrion Ceulliruffo)
Amazilia Hummingbird (Colibri Ventrirufa)
Grey Headed Gull (Gaviota de Cabecigris)
Grey Gull (Gaviota Gris)
Ruddy Turnstone (Vuelveliedras Rojizo)
Blue and White Swallow (Golondrina Azul y Blanco)
Red-legged Cormorant (Cormoran Patirrojo)
Royal Tern (Gaviotin Real)
Neotropic Cormorant (Cormoran Neotropical)
Killdeer (Chorlo Griton)
Peruvian Diving Petral (Potoyunco Peruana)
Chilean Flamingo (Flamingo Chileno)
Osprey (Aguila Pescadora)
Assorted Peeps (shorebirds)
White-Cheeked/ Bahama Pintail (Pato Gargantillo)
Elegant Tern (Gaviotin Elegante)
Francolins Gull (Gaviota de Franklin)
Greater Yellow Legs (Patiamarillo Mayor)
Lesser Yellow Legs (Patiamarillo Menor)
Wilsonís Phalarope (Falaropo Tricolor)
Western Sandpiper (Playerito Occidental)
Common Moorhen (Polla de Augua)
Solitary Sandpiper (Playero Solitario)
Little Blue Heron (Garcita Azul)
Peruvian Thick-Knee (Alcaravan Huerequeque)
Croaking Ground Dove (Tortolita Peruana)
House wren (Cucarachero Lomun)
Pacific Parrotlet (Periquito Esmarelda)
Southern Beardless-Tyrannulet (Mosquerito Silbador)
Magnificent Frigate Bird (Avefragata Magnifica)

Total= 63

Discount Online Trading - Click Now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iiejgTlqkSHbVHdNzICKM7RCLzIOmP00i8AgcsAit86dEma9S/

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/