I know that no one will be chasing, and that this is not a new sighting for Spring or the area.

But today at lunch, I was quite surprised to find a pair of Canvasbacks in the shallow Dexter City Lake in town. In my past experience, I have always seen the Canvasbacks associated with somewhat deeper water and not the shallow Dexter City Lake.

I guess I hadn't thought of the possibility of the less seen species on the in town lake. They were a nice break from the usual Mallards, and exotics.

Good Birding!

Chris Barrigar