Early this morning it looked like it might be a good, clear day. Then almost out of nowhere it began to snow! The Red-breasted Nuthatch which had not been seen in our yard for about a month showed up at our peanut feeder. It was subsequently joined by quite a few Dark-eyed Juncos, Red-bellied Woodpecker and some American Goldfinches. About this time I got a call from Tom out at our regional MDC Office. He said that there were quite a few birds coming to their feeders and that I might want to come out and take a look. This I did and tallied: Song Sparrow, White-throated Sparrow, Fox Sparrow (my FOY), Blue Jay, Northern Cardinal, American Goldfinch, House Finch, White-breasted Nuthatch, Tufted Titmouse, Black-capped Chickadee, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Hairy Woodpecker, Downy Woodpecker, Northern Flicker, European Starling, 15 + American Robins, American Crow and lots of Dark-eyed Juncos including one "Oregon" type junco. These birds scattered when three Rock Pigeons flew over
 and "spooked" them. Upon leaving the MDC building there was a large flock of Snow Geese flying over and heading west.

  All in all, a pretty good morning for a feeder watch in the falling, blowing snow!

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO
Buchanan County

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/