Hi Jaime. I hope you get to meet Brad some day. He has done some incredible
things for
conservation in adddition to his job - he has worked with our Audubon
chapter (Burroughs Audubon in Kansas City),
where we're raising funds to help assist and train people in areas with
critical migratory bird habitat to monitor birds and to
protect sensitive habitat that would otherwise be lost to development. This
can also
help communities in these areas to develop ecotourism or work on
reforestation
projects. We are working with other Audubon chapters in Missouri to raise
$10,000, which can be
doubled by the heritage conservation fund and other organizations.

Populations of many birds that nest and pass through Missouri
are experiencing sharp population declines (www.audubon.org) - what we do to
raise awareness and to protect habitat can
go a long way towards ensuring their survival.

Jill DeWitt
Kansas City, MO