I concentrated on the east side of Smithville Lake (Clay Co.) this
morning from about 8:30 to noon. When I arrived, I found the lake 90%
frozen. About an hour and a half later, as the strong, warm, south
wind blew in, the lake was 90% open. Small shards of ice were blowing
through the air, glinting in the bright sunlight.

A few new arrivals included a single TURKEY VULTURE, KILLDEER at
almost every stop, and a small flock of WOOD DUCKS.

Nothing terribly exciting that I could track down... A more complete
list of birds on/around the lake:

Snow Goose - 113
Canada Goose - 112
Wood Duck - 8