Nancy, I should add that I have a ten-year old Border Collie! (he only herds his toy sheep.)

I once tried haggis too; a girlfriend thought it would be a great idea to cook haggis tortellini. It wasn't.

I once read a series of detective novels in which an English detective is having a breakdown of some sort and goes to Scotland to recuperate, and of course finds lots of crimes there to solve. It's an old series, not the one you recommended with the Scots detective, which I also read. I can't recall the author; I read them a long time ago. I just got a Jackie Kay from the library. Very best, Diana