Or perhaps the poet wrote irresponsibly, creating an image not only unintentionally grotesque but bearing an unnecessary adjective. Diana> Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 16:03:05 +0000> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: On the Making of a Simile> To: [log in to unmask]> > "He laughed like an irresponsible foetus."> > Perhaps the foetus is irresponsible for suggesting it is capable of> responsibility, laughter and so forth, and thus throwing our current> theories into disrepute? In other words, the irresponsibility is> irresponsible, or at least the laughter at such nonsense is.> > Just a thought.