Rick, I didn't post the poem, but even so I was not aware of the spacing. I agree it is significant. Diana

Diane

Your email left out an important part (at least to me) of the poem, “In a Station of the Metro”.  Pound put several spaces between “apparition”  and “of”, between “faces” and “in”, between “Petals” and “on” and between “black” and “bough”.

Diane wrote

Or think of these lines from 'In a Station of the Metro' :

The apparition of these faces in the crowd;

Petals on a wet, black bough.

Rick Seddon
Portales, NM