  From: Chokh Raj
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 7:46 PM
  Subject: Re: T.S. Eliot : Incarnating Poetry

  Nancy,

  I would most certainly put "Quotation(s) from Eliot" in the Subject line
  if that were my Subject. My brief quotes were intended to highlight
  Eliot's engagement with the Absolute. And much if not most of his poetry,
  at least to me, is devoted to that. You may disagree on this but my post
  made this very point -- and the quotes reflected on each other to make
  my point -- and I thought they did so rather magnificently. Indeed, no
  amount of explanation might do what a few words of Eliot do -- and
  therein lies the fascination, the beauty, the appeal of his poetry.

  Well, I should be sorry if I failed to put my point across.

  Regards,

  CR