Thanks, Rick. Your interpretation is fascinating -- wow! -- I like it.

  Best regards,

  CR

"Rickard A. Parker" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Chokh Raj wrote:

> visions and revisions !

Thanks for the interpretations on Mr. Apollinax CR. I don't mind
seeing the struggle either.

My take: Mr. Apollinax laughed without a care.

In the poem his laughter was first described as tinkling then
described as "He laughed like an irresponsible foetus." But following
these images of high pitched laugh an image of deep laughter
emerges--Like the old man of the sea's. Who laughs even as "worried
bodies of drowned men drift down" upon him.

In both of the later images there isn't a human care or worry. And
the images swing from even our earliest days to those when ancient.

Regards,
Rick Parker