Apropos TWL

  This "wholly insignificant grouse", this "piece of rhythmical grumbling",
  however, had so much meat in it that we haven't tired of eating, cudding,
  or grinding our teeth ;-)

  Well, there's a point in Diana's observation -- I repeat, s'il vous plaît :

  //Let's not overlook Eliot's use of language as expression in and of itself. Very much as Joyce allowed language to speak in its many voices,... to speak through popular songs, English dialects and language from other cultures. This is a radical modernist innovation with regard to the subjective lyric; it de-centralizes and polyvocalizes expressiveness.//

  Cheers!

  CR