An Urdu Ghazal : pagal dil mera (this mad heart of mine)

Here's an Urdu ghazal from the orient that sums up the notion of madness in question here. I wish someone could translate it into English for the delectation and delight of the
western audience -- maybe my colleage from Panjab University in India, Swaran, can do it for us -- he's a rather quiet lister here.

Here're the lyric's words:

http://shrikant.wordpress.com/2006/09/25/ghazal-yeh-dil-yeh-pagal-dil-mere/

And now listen to this "madness" singing -- it's the singer's discourse
with "madness":

http://utopianvision.co.uk/bollywood/videos/?v=lOqAajDNDKg

Translated into my crude English, the first two lines say:

This heart, this raving mad heart of mine, why was it put out ?
In this world, there was a city -- what happened to that, O madness ?

Lovers of Urdu Ghazal in the orient chant these lines -- so poignant,
they stir them to the depths of their souls, so to say.

Best,
CR