Thanks, Ken.

I don't think it needs explaining, Nancy.  The "prefatory" line does it rather amply -- and the quotes reflect on each other to highlight the point hinted -- even if not accompanied by a comment.

And sometimes the quotations by themselves are apropos to an occasion -- to Easter recently, for instance -- as well as to the poet's beliefs even if they are
in an incipient state.

But if there are some who cannot make the connection, or see no point in a post, there's always the "delete" option.

I hope the T.S. Eliot Discussion Forum permits one to put across one's poetic insights, howsoever vacuous they might seem.

Regards,

CR

Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> had written :
The hint half guessed, the gift half understood, is [Poetry].

I have seen them riding seaward on the waves
Combing the white hair of the waves blown back
When the wind blows the water white and black.

Here are the years that walk between, bearing
Away the fiddles and the flutes, restoring
One who moves in the time between sleep and waking,
wearing

White light folded, sheathing about her, folded.

But when I look ahead up the white road
There is always another one walking beside you ...

                                               surrounded
By a grace of sense, a white light still and moving,
Erhebung without motion, concentration
Without elimination

CR