Since "white" is an extremely common word and one constantly used for the foam on waves or for light, and since many if not most poets have images they use regularly--especially Eliot, who has a stock of images he repeats throughout his work, I do not see what point there is here.  And I am still concerned about the flood of messages that are retyping of Eliot--whose poems we all have.

Please explain,
Nancy

>>> Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> 03/26/08 9:36 AM >>>
The hint half guessed, the gift half understood, is [Poetry].

  I have seen them riding seaward on the waves
  Combing the white hair of the waves blown back
  When the wind blows the water white and black.

  Here are the years that walk between, bearing
Away the fiddles and the flutes, restoring
One who moves in the time between sleep and waking, wearing

White light folded, sheathing about her, folded.

  But when I look ahead up the white road
  There is always another one walking beside you ...

                                                 surrounded
By a grace of sense, a white light still and moving,
Erhebung without motion, concentration
Without elimination

  CR