> Diana Manister wrote:
>
> David, the question is who determines whether a line like "Let us go
> then two by two, double I and both of you" is a parody?
>
> It doesn't satirize or mock the original, and I'm not sure whether it
> even comments on it. If lawyers have to determine what constitutes a
> parody literature is in trouble. Diana

It's in trouble. So is medicine. So is software. So is music. Not
counting the acts (of congress & executive) that have been responsible
for half a billion deaths or so over the last few decades, the current
"intellectual property" act is one of the gravest attacks on thinking in
u.s. history.

Carrol