===> THE DEADLINE IS FAST APPROACHING!!! MARCH 15, 2008 <==

CALL FOR PAPERS: ART AND OPPRESSION

DEADLINE for the abstracts: March 15, 2008

CALL FOR PAPERS
58th Annual Mountain Interstate Foreign Language Conference University of North Carolina Wilmington October 9-11, 2008

ART AND OPPRESSION

We invite papers that explore the connections between art and oppression. Possible areas of investigation may include: art as a response to socio-political, cultural, or religious oppression; differences between art of the oppressed and that of the oppressors; the canon as a form of oppression and its effect on art; art itself as a form of oppression.

**Art is understood broadly to include literature, film, architecture, music, artifacts, etc.**topics include, but are not limited to:

We seek 15-20 minute papers from all disciplines and all historical periods. While the abstract can be submitted in any language, the final paper has to be presented in English.
Please send abstracts of 250 words and a brief CV to both organizers by March 15, 2008.

Electronic submissions only, please.

Dr. Pascale Barthe
Foreign Languages and Literatures
University of North Carolina Wilmington

Dr. Olga Trokhimenko
Foreign Languages and Literatures
University of North Carolina Wilmington
Olga Trokhimenko, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of German
Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures
University of North Carolina Wilmington
Leutze Hall 289
601 S. College St.
Wilmington, NC 28403