From: Chris Clason

Re: CALL FOR PAPERS - "The Work of Romanticism"

THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ROMANTICISM

Webpage: http://www.oakland2.edu/romanticism

The 2008 International Conference on Romanticism will be held Oct. 16-19 at Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan.

We invite participants to consider the Work of Romanticism, interpreted as broadly as possible. Thus, topics may include, but are not limited to, working (agricultural, industrial, political, social, etc.); the text as work (e.g., editions, textual variants, the text per se, etc.); (re-)productive labor; the work of Romanticists; responses to works (e.g., reception, intertextuality, etc.); literary, artistic or intellectual labor; and leisure (including idleness, indolence, vacation, travel, retirement, etc.) We welcome proposals for special sessions.

Submit 250 word abstracts electronically by April 1, 2008 to [log in to unmask] Proposals for special sessions should be submitted by March 1, 2008.

Contact Chris Clason ([log in to unmask] ) or Rob Anderson ([log in to unmask] )  for more information.

Organization Home Page: http://icr.byu.edu/

Christopher R. Clason
Professor of German and Chair
Department of