  From: Chris Clason

  Re: CALL FOR PAPERS - "The Work of Romanticism"

  THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ROMANTICISM

  Webpage: http://www.oakland2.edu/romanticism

  The 2008 International Conference on Romanticism
  will be held Oct. 16-19 at Oakland University in
  Rochester, Michigan.

  We invite participants to consider the Work of
  Romanticism, interpreted as broadly as possible.
  Thus, topics may include, but are not limited to,
  working (agricultural, industrial, political,
  social, etc.); the text as work (e.g., editions,
  textual variants, the text per se, etc.);
  (re-)productive labor; the work of Romanticists;
  intertextuality, etc.); literary, artistic or
  intellectual labor; and leisure (including idleness,
  indolence, vacation, travel, retirement, etc.) We
  welcome proposals for special sessions.

  Submit 250 word abstracts electronically by April 1,
  2008 to [log in to unmask] Proposals for special
  sessions should be submitted by March 1, 2008.

  Contact Chris Clason ([log in to unmask] ) or Rob
  Anderson ([log in to unmask] )  for more
  information.

  Organization Home Page: http://icr.byu.edu/

Christopher R. Clason
Professor of German and Chair