This afternoon I birded the MSSU wetland here in Joplin.
It was cloudy, misty and a balmy 47 F.
I enjoyed Dark-eyed Juncos hawking for some tiny winter insects.
There was a nice flock of juncos - I wrote down 20 -  so, many of
them were enjoying something else on the menu for a change
besides weed seeds.  They seemed as adept as the flycatchers at
their ability.  The gnat-sized insects were not in a swarm, but
loosely meandering over the water's edge.  I didn't collect an
insect to see what Order or Family.  Just left them for the juncos.
Three Yellow-rumped Warblers joined in the banquet also.
So, yesterday's Phoebe will have something to eat today too I'll bet.

Good birding,  Larry H.  Joplin (Jasper County) MO.

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/