Dear graduate students,

We are looking for submissions for our new issue in German or English.

Call for Papers     Volume 23, 2007-2008

Since 1985, the New German Review has been a medium for graduate students to share their ideas with the academic community worldwide.

We publish articles on German, Scandinavian and Dutch literature, but we strongly encourage contributions within the broader field of Germanic studies, including history, culture, and linguistics.  Book reviews, new translations, and interviews also form an essential part of our publication.

The New German Review is peer-reviewed and edited by graduate students in the Department of Germanic Languages at UCLA.  As a supplement to the traditional bound volumes, each issue is also published on the NGR website.  All contributions will be listed in the MLA database.

Submissions must comply with the MLA style, articles should be between 15 and 25 pages, and book reviews should not exceed 3 pages.  Please submit manuscripts prepared for blind review in both triplicate and electronic form by Saturday, March 1st 2008 to

        New German Review
        Department of Germanic Languages
        212 Royce Hall
        Box 951539
        University of California Los Angeles UCLA
        Los Angeles, CA 90095-1539

        Email to:    [log in to unmask]

For inquires, please check our website http://www.germanic.ucla.edu/NGR/index.html
or contact us at [log in to unmask]