Thanks to everyone who has expressed concern about the Tower Grove Park Great Horned Owls.  Let's hope the rest of the nesting year goes smoothly.

  Jackie Chain
  St Louis County

Jackie Chain <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:59:57 -0800 (PST)
From: Jackie Chain <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Horned Owls in Tower Grove Park
To: John Karel <[log in to unmask]>

  Mr. Karel,

  Thank you for checking on this.  We missed seeing the owlets last year.  If they did fledge owls somewhere else in the park, noone I know reported seeing them.  We sincerely hope they have at least one success this year and perhaps will now lay one or two more eggs so the babies can lean on each other (literally) as we've seen them in past years.

  I'll pass on the word that mom or dad is back in the cavity and thank our lucky stars that it was a warm day!

  Jackie Chain
  St Louis County

John Karel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
                Jackie,

  I am pleased to report that the owls have been reported back on their nest in the hollow cherry tree at Tower Grove Park.  We are all hoping for another successful nesting season this year.  Please forward this information to those who may have an interest.  Many thanks.

  John Karel

    John Karel
  Director
  Tower Grove Park