Today I had the pleasure of accompanying Bill Clark on his 104th
consecutive week of birding conservation areas and state parks and
historical sites to contribute to the checklist projects, CACHE and
SPARKS.  We went to DeBourgmont and Roberts Bluff accesses and to
Arrow Rock SHS.  It was 11 degrees when we began.

Bill hasn't missed a week of CACHE/SPARKS trips in 2 years!  I've
enjoyed many of those outings, often shared with Kathleen Anderson,
Jim Denninghoff, Janice Gaston, Bill Mees, and others who've joined
Bill for a morning or a day of exploring mid-Missouri searching for
birds.

He rarely knows where he's going until the car leaves the Parkade
parking lot.  Sometimes it hasn't been decided until we get tea and
coffee at the nearby kiosk.  It may be a short morning of birding
Columbia sites, or he may range far afield, to the wilds of Moniteau,
Saline, Audrain, Montgomery or Osage counties.

There are often surprises.  We've seen some great birds.  We've had
to work to get out of a frozen creek crossing.  We've gotten
"geographically dislocated" a couple of times.  We've been very hot
and, like today, very cold.  We've birded in sunshine, rain and snow.

We've seen some beautiful, little-known treasures of Missouri.

We've had rip-roaring good times.

Hats off to Bill, for his dedication and for some wonderful
experiences and memories.

When you see Bill next, thank him for keeping Edge out of trouble at
least one morning a week, and thank him for his additions to the
knowledge of the birds of Missouri.

And consider joining him for a morning.  He's near the big Parkade
sign just off Business Loop 70 every Wednesday morning.  Departure is
7:30 a.m.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO