From: q4birds
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 11:09 AM
Subject: IBET no sightings:Re: Louise Augustine: more info

I'm very sad to hear about Louise, she was a great birder and always quick
to help you find
a bird.
A mass and memorial service is planned for 10:30am, Feb. 9 at St. Edward's
church in
Chillicothe.

For all you newbies who didn't know what a dedicated birder she was, you
will probably
be interested in this article about her quest in Colombia:

http://outside.away.com/magazine/0998/9809birds.html

WE will miss you Louise!

Sue Friscia
listowner

--- In [log in to unmask], Kevin Richmond <turnstone@...> wrote:

> It is with great sadness that I pass along that birder extraordinaire
> Louise Augustine
died (from cancer) at home this morning.

> For those of you that were close to Louise, I apologize for passing this
> information
along to you in such an informal manner. I was able to reach a few of you
earlier today by
telephone, but have not been able to reach everyone.

> Kevin Richmond
> Morton, Illinois

Great Backyard Bird Count...2/15 through 2/18
More information: http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc/