From: Jerry Ingles
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 8:49 AM
Subject: IBET Red Crossbills-Worden, N Madison Cty

While filling the feeders this morning I heard "jip jip jip" falled by a
quick, repeated dry jumble.

At first my slow brain thought I was just being scolded by the yard
goldfinches, but then "crossbills!" clicked in and I looked up upon
hearing the notes repeated and saw three small dark finches headed toward
the conifers in Worden proper.

These particular conifers are in the SW section of Worden where there are
also difficult-to-observe feeders in the neighborhood along McGauhey.

Jerry Ingles

Now located in Worden, IL, near Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary.