<NAME>BurroughsAnnounce  Grou
January 22,  2008

KS  BIRDING IN DOUGLAS AND JEFFERSON COUNTIES
(http://www.naturalkansas.org/neks.htm#Clinton)

Saturday, January 26: _Lawrence_
(http://www.naturalkansas.org/neks.htm#Riverfront) , _Clinton Reservoir_ (http://www.naturalkansas.org/neks.htm#Clinton)
and _Perry Lake_ (http://www.naturalkansas.org/neks.htm#Perry)  with Mark
Land. Join us as we  travel to Lawrence and Perry, KS in search of winter
songbirds  and waterfowl. We'll check the Kaw River bridge in Lawrence,  Clinton
Reservoir, and Perry Lake for gulls, raptors,  waterfowl, sparrows, shrikes, and
finches. Bring all the usual  items: binoculars, scopes, FRS radios, drinks,
snacks, money  for lunch (we may stop to warm up at a local lunch spot), and
cold weather gear (lakes are always windy places). The Kansas  City group will
meet at 7:30 am at the Wendy's at _K-10 and Woodland Drive_
(http://maps.google.com/maps?q=10203+Woodland+Rd,+Lenexa,+KS+66220,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title) . If
coming from  other areas, contact Mark for a meeting spot in Lawrence.
Contact Mark at 913-381-4324 or [log in to unmask] if you  plan to participate, so
that he can contact you if the trip is  cancelled because of bad  weather.

helen hewins
overland park, ks  66212
913-221-4944

48)