I started at Eagle Bluffs CA, Boone Co. this morning about 8 a.m.  5
Bald Eagles (2 adult); ducks included a few Northern Shovelers,
Northern Pintail, Ring-necked, Redheads, and 2 Canvasbacks.  Two
Pileated Woodpeckers and more than 20 American Crows were in the area.

At Dairy Farm Lake #1, about 700 Canada Geese were feeding.  With
them were 2 Cackling Geese and one Gadwall.

In the row of pines west of Dairy Farm Lake #3, three Eurasian
Collared-Doves were basking.

Peters Lake is totally frozen, but 2 Bald Eagles were present--one a
Basic I (White Belly I) very much like the one depicted on p. 119 of
a Photographic Guide to North American Raptors-- Wheeler and Clark, a
photo taken in Dec. in MO.

D.C. Rogers Lake nearly totally frozen.  Very little moving there.

Franklin Island CA, Howard Co., was busy with hunters and beagles.
Did have Ring-billed Gulls on the river, a beautiful dar-morph Red-
tailed Hawk, and 3 Common Mergansers.

Oddest thing about the day was that I found no cardinals, even where
sparrows and juncos were feeding!

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/