Adding to Josh's message:  after his departure, Brad Jacobs, Andy
Forbes, Joe Eades and I went back down to the spillway below the Mel
Price Dam.  There we had an adult KUMLIEN'S GULL flying around (based
on amount of dark markings on upperside of primaries, probably the
same bird I observed one week ago) and a first-cycle LESSER BLACK-
BACKED GULL sitting on the lock wall opposite, and then showing its
wing and tail patterns in brief flights off the wall.

Waterfowl in the area, mostly concentrated on the open patch near
Ellis Island, were

Trumpeter Swan:                 255+
Tundra Swan:                       6+
Canada Goose:                   many 100's
Cackling Goose:                  4
Gr. White-fronted Goose:    200+ (fide Brad)
Mallard:                                  many 100's
Gadwall:                                some
Green-winged Teal:            20+
Canvasback:                         5-10
Common Goldeneye:          50+
Greater Scaup:                     5-6
Hooded Merganser:            20+
Common Merganser:          30+

White Pelicans also totaled probably 200+ for the morning.

Bill Rowe
St. Louis

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/