Has anyone on northwestern MO noticed a lack of Black-capped Chickadees
around their feeders?  With this cold weather, I've had a lot of activity  at my
feeders, but haven't seen any Chickadees, which is really unusual.
        I spent some time on  Tuesday watching the feeders at Martha Lafite
Thompson Nature Sanctuary in  Liberty, and saw only one Chickadee there.
        I really miss these  cheerful little birds, and am wondering what is
going on.  Any input would  be appreciated.

Good winter birding!
Susan Seyboth
Kansas City, MO

The Audubon Society of Missouri's Wild Bird Listserve
Questions or comments? Email the list ownwers:
mailto:[log in to unmask]