Since I was unable to get out with the ASM group yesterday I decided to try
to find some of the good gulls they had yesterday, today.

I met up with Greg Swick at 7AM to give him a Riverlands tour.  We did OK,
but we could not find even one of the good gulls the group had yesterday.
Matter of fact, we saw very few gulls and waterfowl overall.  I ended the
morning with 47 species - Here are the highlights:

Riverlands MBS (St. Charles Co.):
2 - Tundra Swan
12 - Cackling Geese
All 3 Mergansers (Red-breasted Merg. seen from IL side from the Alton Barge
Terminal Rd.)

Columbia Bottoms CA (St. Louis Co.)
4 - Eastern Towhees; good group of them for the St. Louis area in winter.
1 - Dark-phased Red-tailed Hawk
100's of Blackbirds that were mostly Red-winged with a few C. Grackle and
Br. Headed Cowbirds mixed in.

Josh
St. Louis Co.,MO

The Audubon Society of Missouri's Wild Bird Listserve