Made a quick trip to Tower Grove Park in St Louis City this afternoon and saw one of the Great Horned Owls in the pines across from the stables.  On my return from the Gaddy Garden (W-T Sparrows, heard chickadee sp, 1 male Cardinal, R-T Hawk), I saw the owl again in the same tree.  Two ladies who were just leaving said they had seen the female in the nest tree, but in a higher hole than the "horse collar".  She must have sunk out of sight.

  Took BDR birders direct route via Arsenal on return and checked the alleys for Jack Cowan's collared doves.  Saw a couple of suspects, but by then it was too dark to be sure with them hiding in some dense cedars so will save for another day.  One scruffy looking N Mockingbird made my year list before I left the neighborhood.

  Jackie Chain
  St Louis County