  The spotted towhee first observed in early December  near my home continues to come to feeders in my yard. Several people have successfully seen it.  Birders interested in seeing it may contact me via e-mail   or contact Jackie Chain (314-644-5998) for guidance. The bird has also been "spotted" on the Grants Trail walking/biking path which runs adjacent to my neighborhood (www.bikegrantstrail.com/sectional.htm, see section # 7). There is parking adjacent to the Sappington House parking lot on Sappington Road. Look for it about halfway between Watson Road and Sappington Road.  I usually see it midmorning or midafternoon. It is, as you know, "free as a bird" and thus there is no  guarantee of seeing it.
      I have been amazed in the 4+ years of birding with the Saturday WGNSS (Webster Groves Nature Study Society) birding group how regularly birds show up at their "designated" spots,  frequently noted by Jackie Chain or Charlene Malone. Wouldn't it be nice if that would be true of this spotted towhee.

   Jane Allen,
   St. Louis County