With regard to my wintering Robin. Over the past 20 months or so whenever I
sit down on the back deck with my cup of tea and turn my music on a Robin
has come down and stood on the deck rail. The 1st time this ever happened I
had some raisins with me and I threw a few down on the deck which the Robin
hopped down and took. Since that day every time i go out on the back deck I
have to be prepared for at least 1 [in spring as many as 7]Robins to come
down and enjoy the raisins and craisins that I now put out for them.
Sometimes they will come as close as a foot away from me. The local
Mockingbird has also cottoned on to the free meal and comes down too.This
leads to many chest on chest fights with the Robins, the main Robin [Van
Persie, named after Robin Van Persie who plays for my footie team in England]
always winning.VP also in the spring/summer would fight with the young Robins
too as he always has to have 1st pick.
I'm not sure if the Robin that returned this week is VP but he certainly is one
of the ones from the spring as he doe's know what goes on. Incidently the
Mockie has filled in the down time while the Robins have been away by being a
constant in the search for raisins although he will never come as close as the
Robins.
I also have a R/B Nuthatch, Flikker, W/T Sparows,Hairy and Downy W/P's
reularly in the garden at present. Les Jenkins. St.L Co.