Dear Friends,

  In my quest to find more nature in my "backyard"  I have been reading about the various "unusual" places that people bird in urban landscapes.  I have read about birding around sewage lagoons, landfills, cemeteries, etc. and would like your assistance in trying to find those unique birding locales in Kansas City.

  So, here is my request:

  For those of you outside of Kansas City, what are some of the more unusual types of places you have found to be birdy?  Tower Grove Park in St. Louis is one example of a more commonly known "birdy" place in a city landscape.  What are other types of places?

  For those in the Kansas City area what are some of the little known, unusual birdy places in the urban landscape.  We all know about Burr Oak Woods, James A. Reed, Lake Jacomo, etc. what I'm looking for are those little undeveloped lots, those urban wetlands, those migrant traps where you would least expect them.  Any ideas?

  Thanks in advance and any help or ideas would be appreciated.

  Scott Laurent
  Kansas City, Missouri